PIXY LIPCREAM REVIEW


Okay let me get emotional for a moment here. Last Friday was some sort of a milestone for The Fashion Swing’s life. I got sent some products from a brand to review for the first time!

It was the new shades of the coveted Pixy Lip Creams, Edgy Plum and Bold Maroon. I also got the Eye & Lip Makeup Remover along with them. I was very excited so I tried them both immediately over the weekend (not at the same time, of course!). So, are they worth to try?

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The packaging is a black tube with a pink cap (which is a little bit deceiving, I thought it was the color of the actual lip cream!) and a clear bit at the bottom so you can see the actual shade (NOT on the cap lol). The formula reminds me a bit of the Cascara Lip Creams which is more liquid-y rather than creamy. It also has the same sweet scent as the Cascara ones, which I like.

The applicator is a standard doe-foot one, with a sharp tip and a sturdy wand for more precise application. It picks up enough products to cover the whole lips, although I have to say for the Bold Maroon one I went over a few times to get even, fully pigmented look. The formula dries out pretty quickly, so you need to move fast to avoid it getting patchy. But once you get through all that, you’ll end up with this matte, beautiful, vibrant color that definitely pops!

Bold Maroon right after application
Edgy Plum is leaning more on the pink side rather than plum on my lips, Bold Maroon is a warm-toned, brown-ish deep red. These are definitely my kind of bold colors!

LASTING POWER?
Since these babies are matte lip creams, of course they would dry out your lips. That’s just an inescapable fact. I personally don’t mind, although after a few hours I can see it started to get crumbly because my lips were very very dry to begin with. I would recommend you to exfoliate and moisturize your lips right before you apply these lip cream for smoother application. After a meal or two I noticed the color around my inner lip started to fade, but that happens with any lip product I use. What I love about these lip creams is that the colors stay vibrant the whole entire time I wore them! They didn’t get oxidized or darken throughout the day. The colors stay true to the actual shade in the tube, and that’s impressive in my opinion. They are also transfer-proof, so you don't have to worry all day!

Edgy Plum after ± 7 hrs wear
I think I should mention that these lip creams can be removed easily with the Pixy Eye & Lip Makeup Remover! You don’t have to scrub extra hard to get the color off your lips, and it won’t leave stains around them. It also removes mascara very easily and painlessly, with a relaxing, soft sweet scent. 100% would recommend!

FINAL VERDICT
These Pixy Lip Creams are definitely the ones you should get if you want to start trying out liquid lipsticks. This trend is on the rage right now and I think you can start out by picking a shade or two from this collection. They are inexpensive but I think they’re definitely worth the price, if not more. I love how matte they are and how the colors just pop and stay vibrant for a long time. I’d recommend you guys to give it a try (especially the Edgy Plum one, definitely my favorite!)!

I’ve been seeing liquid lipsticks everywhere and I wonder is there any other lip product formulas that I should try? I think I’ve been using exclusively liquid lipsticks for the past year—which I wouldn’t complain about, lol—and I think it’d be nice to try other formulas too. Do you have any recommendations? Let me know in the comments below!

CONVERSATION