PIXY NUDES LIP CREAM REVIEW

After coming up with their bold/edgy collection, Pixy recently released their lip creams in nude shades. I’m lucky enough to get to try out ALL six shades and I’m going to share with you guys today. I hope you’re as excited as I am for this collection because, spoiler alert, I think they’re the best Pixy has ever come up with!
As usual Pixy’s PR packaging is always dashing. If you remember my post about Pixy bold/edgy collection, they gave out the lip creams in a beautiful black box tied with a pink ribbon. This time, they stepped up their game! I know it’s sort of unnecessary to go on and on about PR packages because essentially that’s not what the public is going to get when they’re buying these lip creams, but I just admire how much effort they made to make sure that each package looks nice and pretty.
For the actual lip cream packaging, they still have the usual black tube with the pink top thing. I don’t know why they haven’t changed it…I mean it’s clearly not working. The pink top is always sort of misleading, so why it’s there, I’m not sure, but let’s put that aside for a minute and bask in the glory of their fabulous range of shades.
Shade Range
While the bold/edgy collection is very limited in terms of shade, this time Pixy is not playing around. They are playing the nudes card—which is on trend again thanks to Kim K—but they’re not playing it safe and I love it. As you can see they have quite the range, although not necessarily enough to cater to everyone’s skin tone, it’s definitely more than what some brands are coming up with. However, on second thought, maybe they should’ve called it the Pixy Natural Lip Cream collection instead of nude. I imagine a “nude” shade for me would be kind of the one that would make my lips to be of similar shade and tone with my skin, but these are just MLBB kind of shades. Which isn’t bad, mind you, I love that kind of shades for everyday use.
One unique thing I notice is that two of the shades, Glam Coral and Vintage Rose have a slight hint of shimmer in them, as you can kind of see on the swatch. So when they’re applied on the lips they give off a semi-metallic kind of sheen, which again, is kind of on trend right now. Unfortunately, both of those shades aren’t suited for me. In fact, there are only two shades that I truly love and will definitely wear from this collection, and they are Sweet Choco and Gaudy Orange. Both of those shades and Mild Peach are on the somewhat warmer spectrum of the collection, while Vintage Rose and Delicate Pink fall on the cooler side, leaving Glam Coral on the neutral side.
Formula
I’ve learned my lesson and now will never wear matte liquid lip without moisturizing my lips beforehand ever again. I’ve also learned to apply them carefully, sometimes not fully swiping the applicator across the lips, but dabbing the color instead. Combine those two, and you’ll get perfect application each time. Sweet Choco—my favorite of the bunch—can be somewhat patchy if you apply it thick right off the bat. And all of these Pixy nude lip creams have this sort of formula that lifts up and disappears when you press your lips together before they’re completely dry. So dabbing the color is my favorite method and guarantee even and long lasting color each time. Of course, they’ll fade throughout the day, but thanks to my favorite lip balm, the color fades into a pretty tint instead of crumbling around the inside rim of my dry lips.

That’s it for today, folks! If you’re still not sure, I’d say definitely go out and try them. Try out Sweet Choco if you’re not sure what shade to get. They’re not expensive and the shades are super pretty. I can’t wait to see if they’re going to release another collection. Maybe a red collection next? Or a pink one? With different formulas in each collection?? I’m sure I’ll be excited to try. So, what do you think about this collection? Do you think Pixy is a brand to look out for? And more importantly, have you guys left the matte liquid lip band wagon, and jumped on the glossy band wagon?

Anyway. Thank you so much to Pixy for sending me another beautiful gift and thank YOU so much for tuning back in and I really hope my review is informative and helpful. See you again in my next post!

CONVERSATION