PIXY BRIGHT FIX BB CREAM REVIEW


Recently I went to the JakartaxBeauty event and within their very generous beauty goodie bag I got a small size of the Pixy Bright Fix BB Cream. I have been using Flormar’s White BB Cream religiously for daily use and I prefer it over foundation for every day, because of its light texture and coverage. But to be honest, I was a bit bugged by its horrible scent although its overall performance was great and possibly the best I’ve tried so far. So I decided to give the Pixy one a go. I mean, I got it for free so there’s virtually no downside to it, right?
Except when I regretfully overlooked the ‘brightening’ properties it carries. Maybe it’s the shade, I think it’s way too light for me. I got it in the Cream shade, and it’s probably two or three shades lighter than my skin tone. And I thought, well, it’s BB cream, just blend the heck out of it and it’ll eventually sink in to the skin. Boy, was I wrong. It spreads alright but after about two hours it started to…separate??? Like it doesn’t become one with my skin, it just kind of sits on top of it. Apparently it also doesn’t control oil, even though it says on the packaging that it has a Smart-Lock Powder formula. Weirdly enough, it then sort of clings on to some dry patches I didn’t even know I have. Literally a couple of hours after I put it on, I kind of wanted to take it right off…
Wow, okay. Let’s take the negativity down a notch. This BB Cream might not work for me but it’s definitely not the worst product out there. First of all, it has SPF30 which is nice to have if you use BB creams daily. Also another thing worth to notice, is its lovely scent. I wish this was how my Flormar BB Cream smelled because if it was then it would be perfect. The scent is not too strong and it doesn’t linger, but it’s a nice treat to enjoy while putting on your makeup. It also has a nice coverage (note: for a BB cream, you know) and it really does its brightening job, if I’m willing to put aside my shade match issues with it. At the end of the day you don’t get a muddy, ‘dirty’ look where your base has oxidized and/or left your skin completely. Maybe if I got the right shade…I don’t know, I don’t really want to find out.
Final verdict: to be honest I wouldn't recommend this product, even if it is really affordable. I'd suggest you to skip this, save up some money and get the Flormar or L'oreal one. They are seriously worth the price and easy to find.
Have you tried this BB cream before? If so, how do you like it? Let me know in the comments!

CONVERSATION