MAXIMIZED MINIMAL SERIES: OUTERWEARS EDITION


Hi guys and welcome to another edition of my Maximized Minimal Series! Today I’m switching it up a bit by not showing one clothing item and make outfit options based on it, but I’m gonna show you some of my essential outerwear picks. I’m gonna style them with the same outfit to show you how an outerwear can change the whole vibe of your look! I think it’s the perfect time to start busting out your favorite outerwear because the weather in Jakarta is just insane??? One day it’s sunny and really hot but then the next it’s gonna be pouring rain. So it never hurts to keep your outerwear handy in case you’re stuck in the unpredicted cold weather. 

P.S. I'm wearing Edgy Plum by Pixy on the lips. See review here!

PARKA 

A parka jacket is one of my essential outerwear because of its durability. It made of a thick material and it will keep you warm and dry, should you get caught in the rain. It also gives off a really mod, British vibe which I I love especially when I’m riding on my boyfriend’s vespa. I got this one from a thrift shop for super cheap (around Rp 50.000,00) years ago and it’s still going strong. 

COAT 

This one is also thrifted and it’s probably my best thrift find ever. I love how the color is somewhat muted but gives a nice touch t an otherwise monochromatic outfit. A structured coat also gives off a smarter and more classic look, which I’m all for right now. 

LONG CARDI 


I got this one from Magnolia for a very affordable price. I love the color because it’s grey so it pairs really well with everything I have in my capsule/minimalist wardrobe. It also has a little bit of a structured lapels that looks sophisticated, but the long cut and flowy material keep the piece casual and perfect to spice up an everyday outfit. 

So, which one is your favorite look? If you’re looking to buy an outerwear this season you might want to… 
  • Pick neutral colors and style so you can easily style it with anything. A pop of color is nice, but make sure it goes well with your wardrobe’s color palette. 
  • Pick the one that works for the weather in your area so you won’t be stuck in a puff jacket once the rain stops and the weather gets hot again. 
  • Pick just one item from each outerwear style. If you have a neutral colored parka, for example, I think you’d be set and don’t need to pick another one in a different color. Unless you really love it…well then just get it, you can wear whatever you want to! :)
Do you have a favorite outerwear? How do you like to style it?

CONVERSATION