WARDAH EXCLUSIVE MATTE LIP CREAM REVIEW


I wonder when I will stop buying random lip products…I don’t think that’ll happen anytime soon, because look at what I just bought! Two shades of the new Wardah Exclusive Matte Lip Cream. I got Reddicted (01) and Oh So Nude (11), for around Rp 60.000,- each.


FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The packaging is a standard tube with silver cap and I think the color you see on the tube is pretty much the same as the actual shade. They are extremely pigmented and the colors are extremely vibrant. Reddicted is a blue-based red (makes your teeth to look whiter!) and Oh So Nude is a pinkish brown nude. One swipe is enough to get the full color impact, and the application is smooth and not patchy at all.

I WISH THEY WEREN’T TOO…
Drying. Upon first application they dry down pretty fast to a beautiful velvety matte. The formula is definitely transfer-proof, which is amazing, but after a few hours they will sort of crack and emphasize the lines on your lips, which is uncomfortable. They call it ‘exclusive matte’ for a reason, apparently! If you have dry, flaky lips like I do, you will need to apply lip balm right before you apply this to hydrate your lips a little bit more. So far I don’t think applying lip balm beforehand affect the formula at all.

WILL I RECOMMEND THEM?
Yes!!! Despite the drying formula, I think overall this product is a solid 4/5. They’re really affordable and have a decent range of beautiful, pigmented, wearable shades. Also, it’s always a plus to support local brand. Go try it out if you haven’t, and if you have, let me know what are your favorite shades!

As always thank you so much for reading, I hope you find this review helpful and informative. Let me know if you have any questions or request down below!


Love,

The Fashion Swing

CONVERSATION