CASCARA COVERMATTE LIPCREAM REVIEW

Hello lovelies! I'm back with another review, this one is of an up-and-coming local lipcream brand, Cascara!

I stumbled upon their Instragram account a while back when I wanted to try more local products to review for my blog. I immediately ordered two out of their 15 shades, Peony and Heather, which was Rp 135.000,- each.
After I purchased my lipcreams, I saw that they have a giveaway challenge to celebrate their Instagram page reaching 2.000 followers. And I was one of the winners! I was very lucky that they gave me the chance to get one free lipcream, in the shades that I can pick myself. So I picked out Daisy, a medium brown shade with hints of pink. Perfect for everyday!
So let’s get down to the pros and cons, shall we?

PROS

  • Very long-lasting. As long as you don’t eat anything too greasy, you should need no touch-up throughout the day. Perfect to wear daily if you have a full-time job, because it requires little to no hassle whatsoever. 
  • Super pigmented, a little definitely goes a long way. The colors are vibrant, and by vibrant I mean VIBRANT. The first two shades I chose are especially poppin’. 
  • They are Indonesian brand based in Bandung (if I’m not mistaken). I have never tried any local makeup product before, and I wanted to support more local brands. I was pleasantly surprised that this independent brand is very promising! 
CONS

  • Compromising their long-lasting formula, these lipcreams can be drying. My lips are super dry by themselves and putting this on sucks out the moisture out of my lips even more. By the end of the day, these can emphasize the lines and cracks on your lips. 
  • Some of the colors (Peony and Daisy) are gorgeous and very vivid, but for some reason they change color throughout the day. At first application, the colors are very true to the ones you see on the tub, but after a few hours they got a bit lighter and more pink-ish. 
  • Because they are much pigmented, and the formula is very long lasting, they are not the easiest thing to remove. This is not a problem for me because I remove them at the end of the day before I wash my face anyway, but if you want to switch lip colors in the middle of the day, it can be a hassle. 
I also thought it’s worth noting that these lipcreams have a very sweet bubblegum-y scent, which can be irritating for people who are sensitive to that. I personally like it, but I see how it could be a downside for others because the scent does linger for minutes after application.

So that’s my review on the Cascara Lipcream! I hope it's informative and helpful for you guys. I highly recommend them if you are looking for new lipcreams to try. I ordered them via their LINE@ account, but apparently now you can go straight to their website to order.



Love,


The Fashion Swing.

CONVERSATION