ELEVATING BASICS



Hi everyone! In keeping with last week's post theme, which was how to pair a basic piece with something unexpected, today I thought I would talk about something of similar topic, which is how you can elevate basic outfits. This is a repost from my old blog, rindsys-closet.tumblr.com. It still exists but I don't post there anymore since I'm going to post here in my main blog. But this post was something that I really enjoyed making and I thought, why not share with my reader here? So I hope you don't mind!



For the first outfit I switched the flat shoes with a pair of wedges shoes to add heights and to create a more streamlined look. I also tuck in the sweater so it doesn't look too bulky. I also cuffed the jeans at the ankles so they look a bit more polished.


{ OUTFIT ONE : Daisy Sweater - Eenism (Online Store) // Blue Jeans - Forever 21 // Purse & Flats - (forgot the brand, he he! // Brown wedges shoes - Payless (brand: Lower East Side) // OUTFIT TWO: Plaid shirt - Thrift store // Black jeggings - (no brand) // Brown sandals - Payless (brand: Brash) // Brown sling bag - Charled & Keith }


The second outfit is actually my favorite to wear to campus when I was still in college. A plaid shirt is definitely a must-have, and paired with a pair of black skinnies, they create a no-fail, you're-guaranteed-to-look-cute-at-all-times look. But why not take it to the next level?
I switched te sandals (cute and very comfy but a little too casual!) to the same pair of shoes as before and I also add a chic purse to make it look a bit more mature and sophisticated.
Oh, and before I say goodbye, please let me know if you prefer this type of post over my usual ones in the comments below! In this post I have a "title pic" on top and write along in between pictures. Let me know what you think! In the meantime, you can check out my last post here to get more inspiration on how to wear your basics in an un-basic way ;)

See you guys next week!



xoxo, The Fashion Swing

CONVERSATION