JAKARTAXBEAUTY 2017 HAUL

Last Saturday was pretty special because I got to experience Female Daily Network’s JakartaxBeauty event at Senayan City, Jakarta. I had never been to that sort of event before so I got really excited. There were makeup classes and workshops and talkshows and meet and greets with lots of lovely beauty influencers, but I went there mostly to, well, as much as I’m kind of embarrassed to admit it, buy lots of makeup! :D
Like the nerd that I am, I made a list of the things that I wanted to get at the event. I saw on Female Daily Network’s Instagram page that there would be two of my favorite online makeup stores, TWLCosmetics and BeautyHaul Indo, at the event. If you’re not familiar with them, they are online makeup stores that sell branded makeup that you can’t usually get in Indonesia. And of course I got to visit The Bath Box’s booth at the event. They had 10% off of everything for their Instagram followers and coincidentally I ran out of some of my essential skincare products so I made sure that I snatch them up there!
Upon arrival I received a really cute goodie bag with exciting products inside. I was particularly excited to try Skin Aqua’s UV protection skincare products that they included inside the bag. I also got a black eyeliner pencil from ZOYA which is sooo creamy and pigmented I couldn’t wait to try. Another one that excites me is the Pixy BB Cream sample that they included in the bag. I've been trying to find the perfect BB Cream for everyday so maybe this is the one. I really appreciate how they're extremely generous with their gifts, because along with these precious products they also put in some vouchers and discount codes for numerous brands!
Now on to some products that I purchased. I wanted to share with you the things that I bought at the event, although it won’t be an elaborated full-on review because I haven’t truly tried them all. I’m just so excited to share with you my experience so without further ado, let’s get right into it!

L.A. GIRL

I have tried their famous HD Pro Concealer before but didn’t get the right shade so this time I made sure that I pick and choose the one that really suit me. I got the shade creamy beige for under my eyes and the purple corrector one to brighten up my complexion. This would be my first time trying out color correcting product, so I’m really thrilled to find out what it’s all about! I also got their Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in the shade Fleur which is my bestfriend's favorite shade so I want to see if it suits me as well.

TWL COSMETICS
I stalk their website daily (oops) so I just copied everything on my wishlist to my shopping list to make sure that I don’t miss anything out. I got the eyeshadow palette of my dreams, The Balm Meet Matt(e) Trimony! I have been dreaming about that all-matte, creamy eyeshadows for a looong time so I’ll be playing with them to see if they truly live up to the hype. I also got a cream eyeliner from Wet n Wild. The pigmentation is amazing and it dries down to a soft matte finish. Then I picked up Milani’s Brow Shaping Clear Gel that I’ve heard so many great things about. Talking about great things, I finally got my hands on the Wet n Wild Setting Spray! Loads of beauty vloggers raved about it so of course I gotta have it. With my purchase I got a little gift which was the Milani lipstick in a gorgeous deep berry shade.

BEAUTYHAUL INDO
BeautyHaul Indo’s booth was PACKED to the brim last Saturday! I was very grateful that I had my shopping list because if I didn’t, I wouldn’t know what to get because everything looked so pretty. I bought a cream highlighter from City Color that is apparently a dupe for MAC Strobe cream (or so Pinterest says). I also got two beauty tools, one is a complexion sponge and the other is a setting brush from Real Techniques to step up my makeup application game. I also got a new eyeshadow primer from Wet n Wild which is their Photofocus Eyeshadow Primer. I love its almost gel-like consistency, so much better than their silicon-y Take on the Day Primer. With my purchase I got a free brush that I got to pick myself. I picked the crease brush from Dorothic I tried it out when I got home, and I have to say it’s not really that impressive…but I’ll play with it a bit more to see if my mind would change.

THE BATH BOX
Last but certainly not least is of course the skincare brand of my dreams, The Bath Box. I only got a couple of things because I had placed an order on their website a few days before the event to take advantage of the 30% off of all Fresh Cooked products. I ordered the Scary Face Cleanser and the Ros&Mary Shampoo. With that purchase I got a free sample of the Ros&Mary Conditioner. So at the event I only got two products left on my shopping list to buy, which were the Rapeseed Foaming Cleanser and the Rapeseed Serum (which is my favorite, you’ll see why here!). I got another free All-purpose Shea Butter and a cute card and also, with my online order, I got a really sweet hand-written note…seriously, can this brand be more amazing?!

So that’s everything I got from the JakartaxBeauty event! All in all, it was a great experience. The venue could be a bit more spacious (maybe they didn’t expect that many people would come?) but it was pleasantly air-conditioned (at least when I got there at about 10 am which was when the gate had just opened). The brands that participated were amazing, the talkshows are actually interesting and I was kind of bummed that I didn’t go to the workshops/makeup classes, but I heard they were all amazing, well-planned and well-executed classes. My only faff with the event was when I wasn’t able to pay with my debit card at some booths, so make sure you come prepared with lots of cash if you plan to shop a lot on events like this (also if you want to save some money, make sure you compare prices because sadly, sometimes some tenants would mark up their prices). Can’t wait for next year’s JakartaxBeauty and many other Female Daily’s events in the future! 

P.S LOADS of reviews is coming up soon, keep your eyes peeled for them!

CONVERSATION